God will give you joy in place of your sorrow, satisfaction in your place of loss, & provision in your areas of lack.
- The little things that I take for granted like brushing my own teeth or showering without a home health aid, like SO many residents have at this facility.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to grow closer in my walk with Christ and simultaneously grow in the MANY different relationships I have been given and cultivated. It was ALL a part of God’s plan!
- I am grateful my movie (Get Out) on DVD arrives tomorrow. (I got a notification from Amazon earlier tonight).
- I had a dispute with my bank (due to my selfishness). Anyway, I ordered Hulu for a free trial. Not only did they charge me prior to the ending trial date, but my bank account was overdrawn and I was hit with an NSF fee for $36.00 (ouch). Long story short, I contacted Hulu and they returned the charges rather effortlessly. My bank followed suit and not only was my account no longer negative, but my new debit card arrived yesterday.
- Immersing myself in learning more and more about the character of God.
- The MANY connections I have gained in my walk with Christ.
- Even though don’t see it in the natural, by faith I see a cloud forming the size of a man’s hand. 🙌🙌
- Telling small testimonies.
- A reminder to tell myself stories.
- Using my time to help a fellow resident make an Amazon purchase.
Yesterday, my mom’s nursing home facility had their annual Thanksgiving Dinner and I had quite the experience. I decided to exercise my abilities to see God all around since the Bible often says “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
I observed several moments where I sat back and observed various moments of the presence of God. You do have to still your mind long enough to notice these “moments” though. I am fortunate enough to be able to sit back and observe them, but anyone can do it. I won’t ALWAYS have the opportunity to “sit back and observe”, but the opportunity is so very powerful, that I urge everyone to do it!!
In fact, challenge yourself and you’ll see! 😉
- Visiting with my mom today. We had her Thanksgiving dinner at her nursing home. She told a woman that sometimes she’s sweet and other times she’s not. Love her honesty. I definitely feel the exact same way!! We had such a great time! Thank you Lord for the opportunity to spend quality time with her…
- The roads were not slick despite the way it looked outside.
- Rediscovering a song on my Spotify playlist. (Ultimate Relationship) featuring Lalah Hathaway by Donald Lawrence. 🔥🔥🔥
- Being used by God in simple things.
- Offering a suggestion to my fellow Care Team member.
- Submitting to God, by which I was able to resist the devil and he did flee. (James 4:7)
- Searching for a particular sermon I needed for guidance and I found it!
- Taking the time to focus on The holy spirit and his leading and guidance. For example, I inquired about a song on the radio that I liked . I paused and The Holy Spirit directed me to do some research on YouTube, listen to the familiar artist ‘ voice and I found it!! It’s now on one of my Spotify playlists.
- My patience is growing.
- Loving the skin I’m in!
- Overcoming the hurdles I face daily with God’s victorious right hand.